- 20g butter
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 eschalot, minced
- 400g wild mushrooms
- 500g beef fillet
- 5 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 1 egg
- Blitz the mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped, but not a paste. Fry the eschalot in butter until translucent and add the garlic, mushroom, thyme and cook for about 6-7 minutes or until the juices have evaporated, discard the thyme and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut the fillet lengthways, (with the grain) into 4 pieces, season generously with salt and pepper and brown in a pan with the oil over a medium-high heat, rest for ten minutes.
- Cut the puff pastry in half and put two pieces of halved prosciutto down, top with the mushroom mix and beef, then another layer of mushroom mix (about 1 cm in thickness). Fold the pastry from the sides inward then from the lengths and pinch around the edges to seal.
- Cut some leaves from the remaining puff pastry to decorate, and cover in eggwash. Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed up and golden. Serve.